What is Labuan Company?
- Labuan Company (“LC”) is a company incorporated or registered under Labuan Companies Act 1990.
- May be a company limited by shares or by guarantee or an unlimited company.
- Able to participate in business activities
- Would need to be licensed if it intends to undertake businesses as defined under the Labuan Financial Services and Securities Act 2010 & Labuan Islamic Financial Services and Securities Act 2010.
- Can own controlling stakes in a Malaysian domestic company
- Residents and non-residents of Malaysia are permitted to establish a LC
- 100% foreign ownership allowed
- Shall have at least have one resident director and one resident secretary.
- No minimum capital and no authorised share capital requirements
- The shares issued shall have no par or nominal value
- Shall have a registered office in Labuan which is the office of the resident secretary.
- Incorporation within 48 hours upon the completion of all the required documents.
- No bearer shares are allowed.
- Accepted for listing at key international exchanges including:
- National Stock Exchange of Australia
- Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Singapore Exchange
- NASDAQ Dubai